Upgrade Perimeter Security Phase 1
Prebid Date12/5/18 8:30 am
Bid Date12/20/18 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Buford Goff and Associates, Inc.
Ravel Ulmer 803-254-6302
State of Tennessee
You are invited to bid on the Upgrade Perimeter Security – Phase 1 at Various Facilities Statewide Tennessee – SBC Project 140/001-04-2012.
Only those bidding documents / plans obtained from this web site are official.
Bidding documents will be sent as soon as a non-refundable payment of $117.32 (cash,credit card,check) is received by TPM 1241 Assembly St., Columbia, SC 29201 (P.803-252-4770). Electronic bidding documents can be obtained by becoming a registered user.
Pre-Qualification Submittals: Due on November 26, 2018 @ 5:00 pm ET
Note that pre-bid and bid times are Central Time
Potential bidders and other interested parties must obtain documents through TPM. However, in order to bid this project, the bidder must obtain an official bid envelope from the Designer, Buford Goff & Associates, Inc. by contacting the Project Manager, Ravel Ulmer at (803) 254-6302 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. An official bid envelope may be obtained upon the Designer’s receipt of a certified or cashier’s check made payable to the STATE OF TENNESSEE in the amount of $1,000.00. Bids will not be accepted unless submitted in an official bid envelope.
Project includes the upgrade of the perimeter security electronics systems at the West TN State Prison in Henning TN, the Turney Center Industrial Complex in Only TN, the Riverbend Maximum Security Institution in Nashville TN, the Northeast Correction Complex (Main) in Mountain City TN and the DeBerry Special Needs Facility in Nashville TN. Scope of work shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Furnish and install a fiber optic cable system to support the existing taut wire perimeter security systems as shown on the drawings.
2. Furnish and install a new fiber optic perimeter intrusion detection system.
3. Furnish and install laser scan detection devices at each sallyport entrance gate and other locations as indicated on the drawings.
4. Furnish and install uninterruptible power units and power distribution to provide reliable power to all new security system components.
5. Furnish and install additional coils of barbed tape to fill the gap in barbed tape on the outer perimeter fences of each institution.
6. Furnish and install additional access gates to allow vehicular access to the area between the perimeter fences.